|Captain Cook whale watching tours|
It may surprise you to learn that close to Australia's largest city is some of the best whale-watching opportunities. The 2014 Whale Watching season commenced this year on May 17th and continues until November 16 - because of course, all the whales that go north for their breeding time in warmer waters, will return again later in the year, heading south.
The majority of whale species seen along the New South Wales coastline are Humpback and Southern Right Whales, with the occasional sighting of Killer and Minke whales, we were told. Some may be youngsters on their first big getaway; other might have done this journey dozens of times. Most whales are found within two kilometres of the shore, so you can feel fairly confident of sightings.
Captain Cook's Cruises' fleet of comfortable fully equipped ocean-catamarans feature two passenger decks, with spectacular open-air viewing and an all-weather lounge for the entire family. What's more with a 99 percent success record for locating whales and a highly skilled and knowledgeable team, passengers are assured of an unforgettable experience.
Read more....for a first-hamd experience.
TO SEE WHAT WE SAW - WATCH THIS VIDEO....
(Pics and video: Gordon Hammond)
- A taste of Puglia
- Culinary travel in southern India
- Bay of Fires food tour
- Food tours to Sardinia and Corsica
- Romantic Reunion Island
- Belmond gift cards
- Discover Burma
- See Spectacular Sardinia
- Stockholm's rooftop walk
- Visit Kamchatka, Eastern Russia
- Eco-family tours
- Mediterranean gastronomic tours
- Capture memories with Flytographer
- Muddy Shoe Adventures
- Crooked Compass tours
- Africa's rare five
- Taste of Israel
- Zambesi safaris
- Gastronomic experiences in Mexico
- Seven types of 'Happy Feet'
- Elephants in the room!
- Luxury private jet tour
- Serengeti camps revamped
- Truffle Hunt Club tour
- Paris by Mouth food tours
- The lakes of Ladakh
- Meet the people of the Andes
- Battlefield tours
- An animal migration safari
- Angkor Wat by private plane
- Outback WA luxury
- Macedonia's friendly food
- Take a safari
- Nordic Adventure
- Putting Persia into perspective
- Pack your Big Yellow Suitcase
- Capturing Cuba
- Australia's longest lunch
- Summer in Greece
- Christmas escapades!
- African safaris
- Visit Morocco with an expert
- SIX spots to whale-watch worldwide
- Little summer in Costa Rica
- Kenya's great migration
- Lugenda Wilderness Camp
- Herbie's Spice Trail
- A whale of a time!
- The journey back - Borneo
- Wildlife tours
- Israel on a plate
- Three food cultures, two wheels
- Fabulously You Paris
- A place (of your own) in France
- Gorilla Tracking in Africa
- Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
- Miami Culinary Tours
- European Wine Capital tour
- Food and wine tours in the South of France
- Moroccan tours and classes
- Romance and spirituality
- Tasmanian seafood tour
- Have cheese platter - will travel!
- Africa's Wild-Dog Hot-Spot
- Lodge hosted by ancient ethnic people
- Meet the animals in India
- Moab's menu
- Maeve O'Meara Melbourne tours
- Meet the world's animals
- Safari tours
- Turtle season in Oman
- Uncover Spain with an expert
- Rainforest secrets
- Nature's light show
- See stars in Chile
- Eco-tours 2013
- The Chocolate Tour of London
- Tuk Tuk food tour
- Five great Adventure holidays
- Walk with a Fork in Suffolk
- On your bikes! In Oregon
- Burma for shutterbugs
- Taste Barcelona, Spain
- A Taste of Catalunya, Spain
- World tasting tours
- Touring in Kenya
- The big five, Africa
- Tropical treasures
- Guatemalan getaway
- Bhutan and Beyond
- San Fran's Asian flavours, USA
- Cooks on bikes, Puglia, Italy
- Five Australian food tours
- Gulet cruise in Turkey
- Coral planting in the Maldives
- Slow Life in the Maldives
- Cycling in Portugal
- Tour Sri Lanka with Peter Kuruvita
- The Amazon's Big Five
- Everest Jubilee Trek
- Summer in Antarctica
- Moroccan artist retreats
- Samara Game Reserve, South Africa
- Tombstone Tourism
- Cool adventures!
- Follow the star to the East
- Get off the beaten track in Ghana
- Autumn in Chianti tour
- School holiday adventure
- Commemoration in Antarctica
- Voluntourism in 2012
- Three Chefs in Burgundy
- Northern Exposure
News FeedFeed Entries
India's best-kept secret - a state of excitement and mystery.
Fells and dales, gingerbread, shaggy sheep and weird standing stones.
Glasgow is shaking off its grey reputation.....
Still find all the food and fun of Central Taiwan ....
From the valleys to the seaside - sharing the surprises of South Wales.
Lovely green Kerala has a friendly welcome for everyone.
Listen to the podcast
Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city, is full of surprises!
Can't get enough of Singapore?
Why does dining on an island always seem so much better?
FIFTY places and foods you may (or may not!) recognise.
The world's BIGGEST war memorial. HINT: it's in Australia.
Meet the courageous Japanese city that is embracing the future.
The Blue Mountains have much to offer - summer or winter.
A cruise around south-east Asia uncovers some fascinating secrets.
So you thought throwing the wedding bouquet was strange....
If you like beer, this could be helpful when you travel.
Pack your Big Yellow Suitcase ...