|Dinner with the Butcher|
They say, when it comes to meat, butchers know best. You’ll agree once you begin to dip into this book that reveals the best of butcher-wisdom when it comes to selecting meat for your meal or barbecue.
With over thirty years of experience in the trade Evans and Diggins have picked up many tips and helpfully added some of their best ‘butcher’s tips’ as special notes on many pages.
Did you know, for instance, that it’s easier to marinate meat on the skewers? Or that for two people, thick T-bones make an easy and substantial baked dinner? Or would you like the ‘in’ on how to get the best pork crackling?
There’s much more: meat charts, tips on equipment, mouth-watering pictures, a glossary, as well as soups, chicken recipes, and of course plenty of BBQ advice.
Dinner with the Butcher, by Pip Evans and James Diggins, New Holland Publishers, 2010, hardcover, rrp $45.
- From India
- Divine Vegan Desserts
- Food Lovers Guide to the World
- Food Shock
- Berry Hill
- Amalfi Coast Recipes
- A Greekalicious Feast
- A Sardinian Cookbook
- Complete Food & Nutrition Companion
- Bold Palates
- Great, Grand & Famous Champagnes
- Gourmand World Cookbook Award Winners
- Great, Grand & Famous Chefs and Their Signature Dishes
- Guide to Farmers' Markets Australia and New Zealand 2007
- Gourmet Pilgrim Italy
- Gourmet Rabbit
- Great Gourmet Weekends in Australia
- 1080 Recipes
- A Month in Marrakesh
- 300 Best Rice Cooker Recipes
- Amore and Amaretti
- And the Love is Free, mum - a life with recipes
- Antonia & Lucia
- Barcelona bound?
- Best-ever Baking Recipes
- Barista Techniques
- Beat Heat Eat
- Bécasse – Inspirations and Flavours
- Beyond the Great Wall - recipes and travels in the other China
- Bitton: a French-inspired café cookbook
- Buon Ricordo
- Byron, Cooking and Eating
- Christmas with Margaret
- Coffee Time!
- Cooking for Claudine
- Cuisine du Temps
- Four new food DVDs
- Dough: Simple Contemporary Bread
- Eat Your Words
- Everything but the Squeal, a year of pigging out in northern Spain
- Five Smart & Healthy books
- Flavours of Melbourne, A Culinary Biography,
- Food Safari