|Malaysia Fest 2011|
Malaysia Fest, Sydney’s Most Anticipated Cultural Event Gets Mouths Watering: 10am – 6pm, Sunday October 9th 2011 at Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour, Sydney.
For the 21st year running, the much-anticipated event, Malaysia Fest, will bring Malaysia’s mouth- watering flavours and vibrant culture to Sydney.
The event will see 15 of Sydney’s best Malaysian restaurants, including Mamak and Chinta Ria, in the one location, serving traditional Malay favourites such as roti, nasi lemak and laksa. Cooking demonstrations will be performed by Malaysia Kitchen ambassador and MasterChef 2010 Contestant Alvin Quah and MasterChef 2011’s Billy Law.
All are welcome to join the fun in tasting Malaysian flavours, watching cultural performances and the opportunity to win a return airfare to Kuala Lumpur amongst many other great prizes.
Malaysia Kitchen ambassador Alvin Quah and MasterChef 2011’s Billy Law. Star-studded on- stage performances by greats brought directly from Malaysia.
Cost: Free entry, dishes start from $5 Please visit the website for further information.
Malaysia Fest seeks to promote Malaysia’s cultural diversity through amazing cuisine and cultural performances. It is a joint non-profit effort by the Malaysian students’ associations from the University of Sydney, University of New South Wales, University of Technology Sydney and Macquarie University.
Kopitiam, Mamak, Café Katsuri, Jimmy’s Recipe, Aseana Food Village, Chinta Ria, Papparoti, Jackie M, Abang Sam and lots more!
News FeedFeed Entries
- Albany Anzac Centenary
- The best of Mex on screen
- World Environment Day, 2013
- Dine in paradise (Tasmania)
- Meat Free Week 2013
- Young Cherry Festival
- NSW Craft Beer Week
- Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi Beach, Sydney
- Bees on the rooftop, Melbourne
- The Rocks Village Bizarre
- MasterChef comes LIVE
- Hunter Valley Food Fight
- Taste of Melbourne, 2012
- Queensland races
- Bake a cake and make a difference
- Margaret River Gourmet Escape
- Christmas in July
- Truffle Festival - ACT
- Paniyiri Greek Festival
- Granite Belt Elevated Taste
- Lyndey & Blair's Taste of Greece
- Kangaroo Island Sealink Seafood Feastival
- Emily of Emerald Hill
- January in Australia
- Sydney Chinese New Year events
- WA summer events
- NSW Sapphire Coast summer 2012
- NYE in Melbourne and Queensland
- NYE in Sydney
- Parramasala in Parramatta
- Flavours of Vietnam Food Festival
- Sydney Craft Beer Week
- Crave Sydney finale
- Sydney Food Festival of the Year
- Oman Cultural Days
- Paddock to Plate at Port Macquarie
- Spring in the Granite Belt
- Italian Gusto comes to Sydney!
- Brisbane's South Bank reopens
- Fort Denison Australian Cheese & Wine Experience
- Lyndey and Blair's Taste of Greece
- Audi Noosa Food & Wine Festival 2011
- Taste of Sydney on again
- Chinchilla Melon Festival
- Cuisine Now
- Come on! TASTE TASMANIA
- MasterChef comes Alive
- WORLD FIRST: SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE TO HOST THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW
- National Cherry Festival
- Valentine's Day
- It's Still October
- Orange Wines and Dines
- Aussie Beer Festival 2010
- So Sydney
- Flavours of Malaysia