|Lyndey and Blair's Taste of Greece|
In the wake of the tragic news surrounding Lyndey's son Blair Milan's death last month, their TV series will premiere exclusively to SBS ONE on Thursday 26th May 2011 at 8.00pm AEST.
The seven part series will be aired earlier than expected, as a tribute to the 29 year old actor, who passed away on Sunday 17th April 2011 from Acute Myeloid Leukemia. "He was the most positive person I had ever met, and it was a joy and a privilege to have been his mother. It still hasn't really sunk in", says Lyndey.
Seeking culinary delights, adventure and antiquities, Lyndey and Blair, toured the fascinating Peloponnese with a film crew in 2010. The result, Lyndey & Blair's Taste of Greece, showcases the cuisine, culture and beautifully undiscovered land of this region, which is so accessible to Athens.
The series follows Lyndey and Blair as they cook, eat, drink and engage with the locals they meet along the way - a charming yet eclectic mix of home cooks, winemakers, producers, chefs and restaurateurs.
While the cuisine of the Peloponnese has a starring role, the historic heart of Greece is not overlooked as ancient sites are explored with an adventurous edge, full of humour and insight. The unique mother/son relationship between Lyndey and Blair adds another layer of fun and banter.
"This is a road show like no other," says Lyndey, "not quite your average family holiday - and we are both food-seeking missiles".
"Travelling and shooting a television program with your mother is a little out of the ordinary! Put it this way. With my mother there is never a dull moment. The beauty of a mother son relationship on camera is that you can't fake it, or replicate it, all the complexities have been built up over 29 years," explained Blair just days before his sudden demise.
News FeedFeed Entries
- Albany Anzac Centenary
- The best of Mex on screen
- World Environment Day, 2013
- Dine in paradise (Tasmania)
- Meat Free Week 2013
- Young Cherry Festival
- NSW Craft Beer Week
- Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi Beach, Sydney
- Bees on the rooftop, Melbourne
- The Rocks Village Bizarre
- MasterChef comes LIVE
- Hunter Valley Food Fight
- Taste of Melbourne, 2012
- Queensland races
- Bake a cake and make a difference
- Margaret River Gourmet Escape
- Christmas in July
- Truffle Festival - ACT
- Paniyiri Greek Festival
- Granite Belt Elevated Taste
- Lyndey & Blair's Taste of Greece
- Kangaroo Island Sealink Seafood Feastival
- Emily of Emerald Hill
- January in Australia
- Sydney Chinese New Year events
- WA summer events
- NSW Sapphire Coast summer 2012
- NYE in Melbourne and Queensland
- NYE in Sydney
- Parramasala in Parramatta
- Flavours of Vietnam Food Festival
- Sydney Craft Beer Week
- Crave Sydney finale
- Malaysia Fest 2011
- Sydney Food Festival of the Year
- Oman Cultural Days
- Paddock to Plate at Port Macquarie
- Spring in the Granite Belt
- Italian Gusto comes to Sydney!
- Brisbane's South Bank reopens
- Fort Denison Australian Cheese & Wine Experience
- Audi Noosa Food & Wine Festival 2011
- Taste of Sydney on again
- Chinchilla Melon Festival
- Cuisine Now
- Come on! TASTE TASMANIA
- MasterChef comes Alive
- WORLD FIRST: SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE TO HOST THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW
- National Cherry Festival
- Valentine's Day
- It's Still October
- Orange Wines and Dines
- Aussie Beer Festival 2010
- So Sydney
- Flavours of Malaysia