|Finding Local Guides|
LocalGuiding, the online service connecting travellers with independent, local tour guides in destinations worldwide, has launched Tour Request which will let travellers create customized tours from local guides around the world.
Independent travellers are increasingly looking to get a ‘one- off’ tour that meets their specific needs when visiting a particular destination. With LocalGuiding’s new, free, Tour Request online function, it is now possible for travellers to outline a desired tour and submit this, on a short form, via the LocalGuiding website.
LocalGuiding tour guides interested in running the tour will then send the traveller a personalised offer. The traveller can then decide which tour best meets their needs before working with the chosen guide on the details of the tour.
Travellers receive offers direct by email and can stop the process at any time. LocalGuiding guides are passionate locals who like to share their expertise with others, independent private tour guides or small tour companies. To get to know the guide behind each tour offer, the LocalGuiding website provides a detailed profile of each guide with personal information about interests, years of guiding experience and credentials.
Guides can also be contacted direct to develop a pre-trip relationship. All have an intimate knowledge of their destinations and pass this on to potential visitors through the website’s local advice and travel tips section and via its question and answer forum.
Tours can last from as little as two hours and as long as 12 days with prices, which are also shown on the website, varying accordingly. For more information: http://travelblog.localguiding.com
News FeedFeed Entries
- Gastronomic guide for travellers
- Luggage tips
- Solo travel for women
- Dining out with kids can be fun
- Instant translations
- Are you an aviophobe?
- Ten tips for the philanthropic traveler
- Top 10 Tips For Your Best Business Trip
- Wear your technology
- Sprout Watches
- Security for your cards
- Dress for the weather
- Avoiding Airport Angst
- Micro luggage
- Pedal around the world
- Segway the world
- Ostrich Pillow
- Conquer your fear of flying!
- Tips on International Dining Etiquette
- An app to help the budget
- Backing up your vacation
- 10 must-have websites for travel troubles
- Guess what happened to me!
- Staying safe at the Olympics
- Singapore Airlines' Good Food Guide
- Pocket Travel Companion
- House sitting holidays
- True Green Travel
- Pay it Forward
- Molly's vest
- Swap houses and cost-save
- New Year travel resolutions
- Maps with Me
- Tips for Baby Boomer Ladies
- Top five family travel tips
- Caravanning and Camping- the Experts’ Advice
- An app to save you texting
- On the road - and on budget
- Welcomes from around the globe
- RFID Wallets
- Instant upgrades
- Taxi Tips
- Eating well (and cheaply) on the road
- Travel Timesavers
- Car leasing in Europe
- Polite Travel
- Travel Tips
- BYOF - bring your own food and save
- Maps made for travelling
- Frequent Flier Pointers
- Save your Travel Memories
- 10 tips to make your holiday happy
- Ask Sally!
- Go-anywhere clothing!
- 10 tips for a Great Vacation
- Live Luggage
- Staying connected
- Seven Ways To Find Hotel Deals And Make The Most Out Of Loyalty Programs
- Voluntourism - vacationing as a volunteer
- How (not) to get an Upgrade
- Taking Off on Your Holidays
- Top 10 Travel Tips For You And Your Family
- How to Have a Holiday on Your Holidays
- Flight Essentials
- Tripatini - Social Media for travellers
- A Dozen More Things you'll be Glad you Packed
- Ten Things You'll be Glad You Packed
- Packing a Winner
- What the Travel Brochures Don't Tell You