|10 tips to make your holiday happy|
The Trusted Adventures travel alliance http://www.trustedadventures.com/, a membership of nine award-winning travel companies, offers 10 tips to assure a vacation not only comes off as planned but is as rich an experience as possible.
'The bottom line,' said Brad Moss, executive director, 'is to expect the unexpected. Surprises, welcome or not, often come when you set foot outside your home. How mentally prepared you are can make the difference between a meltdown and a good laugh.'
'All travel used to be a bit of an adventure; modern technology lulls us into thinking everything will always run like clockwork. It doesn't! The recent uncertainties of travel (such as volcanic ash and oil spills) now take us back a bit to an older way of traveling which expected a degree of delay and adventure in getting to and from,' he added.
Guests who travel with Trusted Adventures members are in the hands of people trained to prepare for the unexpected, even on scheduled itineraries. After following a host‚s guidelines on what to bring on a trip, don't forget to tuck in a sense of humor while you embrace unexpected surprises.
-First, plan a trip with built-in buffer time and sightseeing activities to accommodate unexpected travel delays, missed connections and lost bags.
-Next, pack a carry-on day bag with enough resources (books, batteries, refreshments, change of clothes, etc) to keep you occupied and happy during unplanned delays and snafus.
-Carry energy-boosting snack bars and bottled water on as many legs of the journey as possible.
-Never pass up an opportunity to use a bathroom and carry a small roll of toilet tissue in your daypack.
-Keep playing cards and travel games handy for transit slow-downs due to weather, road conditions, a religious festival or custom/immigration delays.
-Bring an empty duffel bag for unplanned shopping opportunities.
-Keep your camera charged and readily available for spontaneous photo opportunities.
-Make and secure copies of your passport name page should you and your documents become separated.
-Retain a list of itinerary-related phone numbers and addresses as well as numbers from your home or business life you may need.
-Embrace the new and unexpected, from indigenous food and drink to local dance steps and traditional activities.
About Trusted Adventures:Recognized worldwide for uncompromising quality, exceptional guest care and sustainable travel ethics, the Trusted Adventures alliance is a partnership of nine distinguished, award-winning companies; Austin-Lehman Adventures, Wildland Adventures, Western River Expeditions, Myths and Mountains, The Wayfarers, ROW Adventures, Great Alaska International Adventure Vacations, American Safari Cruises/InnerSea Discoveries and Ciclismo Classico. United under a common mission to provide authentic, transformational travel experiences, Trusted Adventures offers the world‚s finest collection of active vacations showcased online in a richly textured, easy to use website: www.trustedadventures.com.
The alliance helps individuals, families and groups find active walking, rafting, cycling, cruising and trekking trips throughout The Americas, Europe, Asia, Oceania, Antarctica and Africa. With a Trusted Adventures company you travel with the experts on carefully crafted itineraries designed to enrich your experience while preserving the planet and its cultural heritage.
News FeedFeed Entries
- Wear your technology
- Sprout Watches
- Security for your cards
- Dress for the weather
- Avoiding Airport Angst
- Micro luggage
- Pedal around the world
- Segway the world
- Ostrich Pillow
- Conquer your fear of flying!
- Tips on International Dining Etiquette
- An app to help the budget
- Backing up your vacation
- 10 must-have websites for travel troubles
- Guess what happened to me!
- Staying safe at the Olympics
- Singapore Airlines' Good Food Guide
- Pocket Travel Companion
- House sitting holidays
- True Green Travel
- Pay it Forward
- Molly's vest
- Swap houses and cost-save
- New Year travel resolutions
- Maps with Me
- Finding Local Guides
- Tips for Baby Boomer Ladies
- Top five family travel tips
- Caravanning and Camping- the Experts’ Advice
- An app to save you texting
- On the road - and on budget
- Welcomes from around the globe
- RFID Wallets
- Instant upgrades
- Taxi Tips
- Eating well (and cheaply) on the road
- Travel Timesavers
- Car leasing in Europe
- Polite Travel
- Travel Tips
- BYOF - bring your own food and save
- Maps made for travelling
- Frequent Flier Pointers
- Save your Travel Memories
- Ask Sally!
- Go-anywhere clothing!
- 10 tips for a Great Vacation
- Live Luggage
- Staying connected
- Seven Ways To Find Hotel Deals And Make The Most Out Of Loyalty Programs
- Voluntourism - vacationing as a volunteer
- How (not) to get an Upgrade
- Taking Off on Your Holidays
- Top 10 Travel Tips For You And Your Family
- How to Have a Holiday on Your Holidays
- Flight Essentials
- Tripatini - Social Media for travellers
- A Dozen More Things you'll be Glad you Packed
- Ten Things You'll be Glad You Packed
- Packing a Winner
- What the Travel Brochures Don't Tell You