|Sydney Cafe Culture|
★ Love your coffee? Need a caffeine fix? Just want a cool place to hangout? Sydney has all this and more. Find out where and when and why. You’ll love these places!
Here are 300 of the best cafes in Sydney, selected and visited by experts. A hundred of them are within a few kilometres of the city centre. The others are located in beach suburbs or business centres. They’re just the sort of places you must know about when you want to meet someone for coffee, chill out on a lazy weekend, or simply indulge your coffee fixation! Sydney’s baristas are some of the most skilled and passionate in the world. Now you can locate the finest of them – and see them at their best.
★ About the Authors: Sally and Gordon Hammond
Sally Hammond has been a food writer and restaurant reviewer in her home city, Sydney, for over two decades. She is also crazy about coffee. But it must be the best – and made well!
Her husband, Gordon Hammond, is an award-winning photographer, so together they make the perfect team to prepare this first-ever App on one of the things Sydney does best.
In 2000, the year of the Sydney Olympics, Sally put together the first book about Sydney cafes, 250 cafes in and around Sydney, one of the numerous guide books and travelogues she has written.
In 1999 the Australian Regional Food Guide was a ground-breaking guide to local food around the country. This has now morphed into a website which she and Gordon publish www.australianregionalfoodguide.com.au with around 4000 entries.
Recently Sally launched another website on food and travel: www.foodandtravel.com.au underlining her two specialties. And of course all the stunning photography on both websites comes from Gordon. Now, they have again combined their skills in their chosen fields.
News FeedFeed Entries
- Port Macquarie walking tour
- Fascinating facts about Sydney
- Top 10 historical secrets of Newcastle
- Oysters on show at Narooma
- Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi Beach
- Young's cherry festival
- Kings Cross reclaims its streets
- Norfolk Island food
- Hopping around Sydney Harbour
- Violence to Veggies
- Breakfast IN the beds
- Central Coast secrets
- Botanical discoveries, Sydney
- A day with Sydney's past
- Getaway to the Central West
- Whale-watch from the air
- Fort Denison, Sydney
- Tastes of the Sapphire Coast, NSW
- Lightning Ridge
- Centenary for MIA
- Lightning Ridge is on fire
- South Coast, NSW, getaway
- Weekend getaway to Mudgee
- Sydney trivia
- Sydney's Living History
- A is for.....Uralla!
- Uralla Food and Wine Festival
- The Five Minute Gallop
- Lilianfels - a breath of fresh air
- Blue Mountains: All in a Name
- NSW foodies get back to their roots
- The Blue Mountains
- Lord Howe Island's fish know-how
- Calling all cricket tragics!
- Highland Getaway
- Southern Getaway
- Berry Beautiful
- Southern Comforts
- Wollongong steals your heart
- Fascinating Facts about NSW
- NSW Facts
- Let's visit New South Wales
- Yes, Darling!
- Hunter Valley Wine & Food Month
- Narooma Oyster Festival
- Mary Poppins Comes Home
- 20 Year Celebration for F.O.O.D Week
- Top 10 Unique Experiences in the Mudgee Region for 2011
- Visit Sydney . . . Australia
- Visit Sydney .... Australia
- Chill Out Year Round
- Mudgee Munching
- Australia Day 2010
- My Sydney - Why I love It
- Escape to Mother Earth
- Hunting for Variety
- Let's Do Lunch – On Lord Howe
- Outback Value
- Silverton – Silver Screen Town
- Steal (Your Heart) City