The Australian state of New South Wales was founded as a colony in 1788.
LOCATION: On the eastern seaboard of Australia.
BORDERED BY: Victoria to the south, Queensland to the north and South Australia to the west.
CAPITAL & LARGEST CITY: Sydney pop 4.5million
POPULATION of STATE: 7.2million (1st in Australia)
AREA: 809,444 square kilometres (fifth-largest in Australia)
POPULATION DENSITY: 9.04per square kilometre (3rd in Australia)
CURRENCY: Australian dollar.
CLIMATE: Temperate in the south, sub-tropical in the north, hotter in the far west.
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: English.
TIME ZONE: (GMT +10)
PHONE PREFIX: +61 2 from overseas; 02 within Australia
FLAG: State flag has the Union Jack in one corner and a white circle with a cross of Saint George, centred by a golden lion passant guardant, and an eight-pointed gold star on each arm of the cross.
- Floral: Waratah
- Animal: Platypus
- Bird: Kookaburra
- Fish: Blue groper
- Colours: Sky blue
INTERESTING FACTS: ….. read more
MORE INFORMATION: ….read more
News FeedFeed Entries
- Port Macquarie walking tour
- Fascinating facts about Sydney
- Top 10 historical secrets of Newcastle
- Oysters on show at Narooma
- Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi Beach
- Young's cherry festival
- Kings Cross reclaims its streets
- Norfolk Island food
- Hopping around Sydney Harbour
- Violence to Veggies
- Breakfast IN the beds
- Central Coast secrets
- Botanical discoveries, Sydney
- A day with Sydney's past
- Getaway to the Central West
- Whale-watch from the air
- Fort Denison, Sydney
- Tastes of the Sapphire Coast, NSW
- Lightning Ridge
- Centenary for MIA
- Lightning Ridge is on fire
- South Coast, NSW, getaway
- Weekend getaway to Mudgee
- Sydney trivia
- Sydney's Living History
- A is for.....Uralla!
- Uralla Food and Wine Festival
- The Five Minute Gallop
- Lilianfels - a breath of fresh air
- Blue Mountains: All in a Name
- NSW foodies get back to their roots
- The Blue Mountains
- Lord Howe Island's fish know-how
- Calling all cricket tragics!
- Highland Getaway
- Southern Getaway
- Berry Beautiful
- Southern Comforts
- Wollongong steals your heart
- Fascinating Facts about NSW
- Let's visit New South Wales
- Yes, Darling!
- Hunter Valley Wine & Food Month
- Narooma Oyster Festival
- Mary Poppins Comes Home
- Sydney Cafe Culture
- 20 Year Celebration for F.O.O.D Week
- Top 10 Unique Experiences in the Mudgee Region for 2011
- Visit Sydney . . . Australia
- Visit Sydney .... Australia
- Chill Out Year Round
- Mudgee Munching
- Australia Day 2010
- My Sydney - Why I love It
- Escape to Mother Earth
- Hunting for Variety
- Let's Do Lunch – On Lord Howe
- Outback Value
- Silverton – Silver Screen Town
- Steal (Your Heart) City